January 31, 2009

Sawadie Ka

Greetings from Thailand! You know...I haven't left the country in nearly 5 years so I was extremely overdue for a nice dose of cultural diversity, realizing that the rest of the world does not necessarily operate like we do...as was evident by my first day in Thailand, riding on the back of a motorbike taxi, passing cars in head on traffic. So I've been here for nearly 2 weeks now, we traveled around Bangkok for a few days and then bought a ticket to Krabi (after one crazy ride on a tuk tuk). We then caught a long tail boat to Ton Sai, a beautiful place surrounded by amazing limestone formations, a climbers paradise. A place where you can climb beautiful stalagtites right off the beach and be in the ocean within minutes. It's freakin amazing!

So the first day in Ton Sai, we (Charlie and I) were walking down the road and immediately run into Suzi and Jared from Anchorage. A few days later, I ran into Sam (who I met in Red Rocks this December). Last night, I opened the bungalow door to find Tim and Eric from Anchorage. we've run into 5 more friends from Anchorage last night. AK is representing in Ton Sai....reconfirming how small of a world we live in.

Anywho, I tried to upload a few videos but the cost and quality of internet is ridiculous. So those might have to wait. Here's a few photos from the past few weeks, I'll try to post more as soon as I get to decent internet (assuming that ever happens).







No comments:

Post a Comment